Everything began in the late 90's. I wanted to put some information o-n my internet site. A journal. A list of future events. I started with simple HTML. One-page, with sections for each and every article. Basic.

Then I learned about 'sites' and 'blogging.' Being wise, I picked Word-press, the most popular pc software. How smart, I thought. Anybody could put up a web site, In the event that you have the WYSIWYG editor going. Very democratic.

This prompted my to create my outermost thoughts; o-n personal gripes, London, and politics. Being a web-master, I watched to see Google index them. 'Here we go', I thought, 'soon, my jewels of extrospection may participate in the ages.'

Except Google did not like my website. It would not index much beyond the leading page. Why, why, why?

Duplicate material? I set it to put just one post per-page.

No progress.

I checked out what Google was indexing. Then I viewed the blog HTML. Shortly, all became clear. We discovered linklicious.me by searching newspapers.

In sum:

- Word-press was however replicating my content, and

- It had no proper META-TAGS, and

- There is a whole lot irrelevant HTML, and

- the content was obscured by The layout.

I'd a fast search o-n Google to find search engine optimization tips. There's a plug-in 'head-meta explanation' ( http://guff.szub.net/plugins/ ). But I did not use that, oh no.

For whatever reason, I got the idea a comprehensive concept would be the solution. If you think anything, you will likely desire to explore about guide to sick submitter linklicious. I tried changing an existing one myself. Better, but not perfect. Clicking linklicious.me affiliate likely provides lessons you could use with your mother. Google was needs to catalog more pages, nevertheless they all had exactly the same name. My missives to an uncaring world were being overlooked.

So I got somebody else to do one, based on my standards, which were:

- Grab a META 'title' from your post 'title';

- Grab a META 'description' in the website 'excerpts';

- Put a ROBOTS 'noindex' tag in non-content pages.

But that wasn't enough. For best SEO results you need to configure Wordpress savagely. You have to be _mean_ to it. You have to _man_ enough.

Used to do a bit of re-search and came up with to following guidelines.

WARNING: They're severe. Making significant changes to your URLs may affect them, If you curently have good rankings. Within my case:

- Moving my website http://www.ttblog.co.uk towards the root web directory,

- MOD_REWRITING its URLs, and

- Removing a 301 redirect,

... caused my PageRank to go to 0. BUT, page indexing was unaffected.

This was temporary, as Google found it as 'suspect' behavior. I had radically changed my site.

Listed here are the guidelines, for true _men_, who is able to look in the face of web death and laugh:

1. Stimulate permalinks by going to 'Options/Permalinks.' You could have allow Apache MOD_REWRITE on your web account.

1a. Limit the permalinks code to just-the %postname% variable. Don't work with the time codes. This keeps your URLs short.

2. Position your blog in the listing possible. http://www.ttblog.co.uk surpasses http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/

So a normal article would seem like

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

As opposed to

http://www.ttblog.co.uk/wordpress/2006/08/03/Im-hard-as-nails-me/

3. Then install an SEO'd theme.

My websites are now being indexed beautifully. The Google 'site:' command returns all my posts, and little else.

For my next problem, I undertake Windows XP, and change it into an operating-system..

If you liked this article and you would like to acquire additional details about linklicious.me alternatives kindly stop by our web-site.